Sunday, May 19, 2013

Getting Ready for Global Minds Book Club

 
A perfect day on my patio
 Yesterday was a spectacular sunny day in Istanbul. Not a cloud in the sky with total Chamber-of-Commerce weather. What a fun day of friends, food, and shopping we had! In the afternoon, my friend Barb and I just chilled out. There's nothing like the start of a three-day weekend and a new book to read. This month: Chinua Achebe's "Things Fall Apart."
 Life's a bowl of cherries sometimes.
Sometimes you just have to slow down and enjoy it!
 
You may enjoy my other posts about Istanbul's Global Minds Book Club:
 
 
 
Why yes, Empty Nest Expat is on Facebook. Meet me there and "like" my page so you don't miss an update.
 

3 comments:

Joy said...

Hi Karen, it does look like a lovely day indeed! I'd join you for a drink. ;-)

Karen said...

Thanks for the chuckle, Joy.

Senior Dogs Abroad said...

I recognized that patio right away! Yes, that drink looks yummy! Enjoy Achebe.

 
Travel Sites Catalog All Traveling Sites Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas International Affairs Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory expat Czech Republic website counter blog abroadWho links to me? Greenty blog