Thursday, May 21, 2009

Beginning Again

My Czech visa was officially denied, just like the other teachers in my TEFL class. So I begin the visa process again. I am not willing to call my Prague story over. For goodness sakes, I haven't even been inside St. Vitus' Cathedral yet! I have two sets of pen pals that live in the Czech Republic and I haven't met them all yet! I have a Czech friend from twenty years ago I've been trying to locate and haven't found yet. I have so much to go back too there. I heart the Czech Republic and it's people.

My goal is to be back in Prague for the fall term. Just as I did the last time, blogging about Prague is going to help pull me toward my goal. I hope you'll come back.

In the meantime, I've found a f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s apartment with a great flatmate in Madison overlooking the lake within walking distance of the arboretum. Life is not as I expected but that doesn't mean it's not beautiful.

5 comments:

Gerry said...

I'm so glad. And you're even prepared to forego American-style Egg McMuffins. Wow!

ג. ג. said...

Good luck!

Roz said...

Best of luck with the visa application process the second time around. I hope that it all works out well for you this time.

Best wishes,

Roz

Karen said...

Thank you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sher said...

Hi Karen,
We'll have to visit St. Vitus when you get back!!! :0)

Good luck with this round of the visa process...and see you in the fall!!! :0)

Have a great day,
Sher

 
Travel Sites Catalog All Traveling Sites Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas International Affairs Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory expat Czech Republic website counter blog abroadWho links to me? Greenty blog